A Promise to Always be on Time

Zach Bamberger, a Computer Science student at Cornell University, also has a side job. He designed an app, and is the CEO of the company, Enlert. Enlert, an app designed back in 2014, is a new way to revolutionize alarm clocks and how we view getting up in the morning.

Features of Enlert

• Factors in traffic, weather, and other variables that may cause you to be late on a daily basis.
  • Adjusts your alarm while you sleep.
  • Provides a solution to avoid “rushing” in the morning.
  • Based on a series of algorithms.

Zach Bamberger was inspired to create the app when he had to take a bus, train, and a taxi to work in the morning. The morning commute took him about two and a half hours, even if the bus was not delayed.

“It could add on an extra 45 minutes if anything was behind schedule,” says Bamberger.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 10.05.20 AM.png
CEO Zach Bamberger giving a preview of Enlert’s interface.

How the app works:

Let’s say you need to catch an international flight at 9 a.m. That would require you to wake up at 6 a.m. to arrive at the airport by 7 a.m. Overnight, a semi-trailer overturns on the highway, causing massive delays, but you would never know because you are asleep. If you still woke up at 6 a.m., you would never make it to the airport on time, in which case you would miss your flight, costing you upwards of thousands of dollars to rebook.

This is where Enlert steps in. In the instance of a car accident occurring during the middle of the night, Enlert will adjust your alarm to wake you up at 5 a.m. instead. You make your flight, all because of an alarm algorithm.

Where can I download the app?

Right now, you cannot download the app. The Enlert team entered a competition called eHub, for the chance to win $200,000 dollars of funding. They had the opportunity to pitch their idea to the inventor of the flash drive, Dov Moran. Unfortunately, the team made it all the way to the final round, only to lose to a team of PhD students.

According to Bamberger, this funding would have provided more than enough for the app to be a massive success. The competition would have also provided mentorship and a guide for producing the product.

The team is currently working on gathering funding again. They need about $10,000 dollars to get the app off the ground, and they have almost reached their goal by scrapping all of their money together.

“I created this app in 2014, and it still has yet to be implemented by anyone else. It could revolutionize alarm clocks and strive for what Enlert’s goal is; to never be late again,” said Bamberger.

You can check out the full video and interview with Zach here:

https://youtu.be/tmwGhaXoahY